Volunteers! WE NEED YOUR HELP for this community- and volunteer-organised event … Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the rota.
1) BrocSoc BARBECUE: We still need more volunteers to help run this. Set-up 10am, serve till 5pm.
2) STEWARDS! from 8am until the fayre opens at 12 noon (plus a skeleton rota during the afternoon)
3) Tea Stall: Volunteers needed for the rota from 11am till 5pm
4) Setting up from 7am to 12noon. Breakdown from 4.30 to 6pm
5) More volunteers on other teams! Litter picking, selliing raffle tickets, coconut shy … See details on www.brockleysociety.org.uk. Or turn up on the day at the Brockley Society information stall.
6) CAKES, cakes, cakes! please bake a CAKE(S) to bring on the day! The TEA-AND-CAKE-STALL is a centrepiece of the fayre and depends on support from the community!
Last year’s popular event returns for the bank holiday weekend. Opening at midday on Saturday 28th and closing on Tuesday, 31st May at 7pm.
It is a token fair, £1 per token or 6 tokens for £5, 12 tokens £10 etc. There is a free swingball zone, and a free toddler zone, which is for the under 2 years only.
The Friends of Hilly Fields will have their regular stall at the Hilly Fields Midsummer Fayre, Saturday 18 June, 12 noon to 5pm
The Brockley Society’s hugely popular summer event returns for its 42nd year.
The fayre is entirely community-run.
Download STALLS application forms
for arts and crafts, bric-a-brac, food-related, community and societies, and catering on www.brockleysociety.org.uk
VOLUNTEER to help run the fayre. Details are on the Brockley Society website and there’s something for everyone’s ability and time constraints.
Teams take charge of specific aspects, each with a Team Captain.
Some teams operate beforehand, others only on the day.
We are always interested to see photographs from Hilly Fields over the years, but this find on the internet last night is fantastic.
Currently condemned by the council, the bowls pavilion was actually designed by one of the leading British Architects of the 1960s, Leonard Manasseh RA.
The second Saturday of every month from 10 until 3pm up up by the cafe.
13th February, 12th March, 9th April, 2016
We will be carrying out our orchard maintenance from 2pm. You are welcome to join us. This involves, weeding and remulching the trees, pruning and we may be planting some new blackcurrants.
Our December Meeting has been CHANGED.
It will now be held on WEDNESDAY 9th December, 2015
Usual place, the cafe in the park and the usual time 7.30 until 9pm.
Every second Saturday, 10th October, 8th November and 12th December.
Vegetables and eggs from Whitegates Farm in Rainham, Kent
Meat from Marsh Products, Kent and preserves from Caregrow
The farmers’ market is now supporting the Friends of Hilly Fields
Before they go off to hibernate, we are hoping to catch one last glimpse. Children welcome.