This coming Thursday at 6am, meet at 6am outside the cafe.
Iti lovely just to be there and see the dawn break.
Thanks to funds from the Farmers’ Market, we have a new oven and creative counter up and running in our mud kitchen. We have requested more logs too.
The log range and heavier counter is awaiting a slight modification and will be set up in the shade garden, once we have the new logs.
So we can continue with our small improvements like the mud kitchen, seeds for the WWI meadow, secatuers for the orchard pruning and bird seed for our bird feeder making sessions, please support the market.
Held this coming Saturday, 11th February and every second Saturday of the month, from 10 until 3pm.
The last farmers’ market of the year will be on Saturday 10th December from 10am until 3pm. This year, they have funded several small projects in the park. This includes the new fencing to protect the hawthorn hedge around the mud kitchen, 1kg of meadow seeds for the WWI meadow, yellow rattle seeds for the South Meadow, new oven and worktops for the mud kitchen (on order) and also a project in progress, upgrading the railing on Vicars Hill and a new park sign.
So please give your support by purchasing an item or two from the market!
This weekend, the farmers’ market will be up by the cafe.
The stalls support the friends’ group, their rent helps fund small projects including the mud kitchen, wildflower seeds, bird seed, tools etc.
Whitegates Farm bring eggs, fruit, vegetables, apple juices…and hopefully some Kent apples, Marsh Meat have a selection of meats and we are hoping the preserves will be back after their summer break.
Volunteers! WE NEED YOUR HELP for this community- and volunteer-organised event … Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the rota.
1) BrocSoc BARBECUE: We still need more volunteers to help run this. Set-up 10am, serve till 5pm.
2) STEWARDS! from 8am until the fayre opens at 12 noon (plus a skeleton rota during the afternoon)
3) Tea Stall: Volunteers needed for the rota from 11am till 5pm
4) Setting up from 7am to 12noon. Breakdown from 4.30 to 6pm
5) More volunteers on other teams! Litter picking, selliing raffle tickets, coconut shy … See details on www.brockleysociety.org.uk. Or turn up on the day at the Brockley Society information stall.
6) CAKES, cakes, cakes! please bake a CAKE(S) to bring on the day! The TEA-AND-CAKE-STALL is a centrepiece of the fayre and depends on support from the community!
Last year’s popular event returns for the bank holiday weekend. Opening at midday on Saturday 28th and closing on Tuesday, 31st May at 7pm.
It is a token fair, £1 per token or 6 tokens for £5, 12 tokens £10 etc. There is a free swingball zone, and a free toddler zone, which is for the under 2 years only.